History of Funding
- Members of the Ontario Independent Facilitation Network met with the Senior Staff of MCCSS on November 20th, 2018.
- The senior ministry staff are very aware of the significant impact and cost benefit of Independent Facilitation and its contribution to assisting people in creating meaningful lives and innovative housing in their neighbourhood/community.
- The senior ministry staff stated that the current funding contract for Independent Facilitation expires March 31st, 2019.
- A 2019/2020 budget is not expected to be tabled until February or March 2019. Decisions will then be made concerning what the Ministry will fund.
- Without ongoing core/infrastructure funding for Independent Facilitation Organizations, there is a possibility that people and families will be able to access Independent Facilitation only through a fee-for-service model, using Passport or private funds.